Computer Woes

Woes from advanced computer use - programming, open-source-undocumentatia, it-support-for-friends-and-family etc.

2004-08-04

Giving up on mono

OK, so I've spent a couple of days now trying to get mono to handle my ASP.NET webforms application. I can't get it to work reliably with MySQL (some records just don't show up in SELECT queries and numerous other problems).

Also, I still can't get mod_mono_server to work reliably. After working for a while really weird errors appear - like it can't find my classes etc. They usually go away when I restart mod_mono_server.

I think I'll just give up on this now. Despite that mono has reached version 1.0 it doesn't cut it yet. Too many irregularities and incompatiblities with Microsoft .NET.
---------------------------------------------------------------
#wapmarks - WAP links and personal phone startpage

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home