Computer Woes

Woes from advanced computer use - programming, open-source-undocumentatia, it-support-for-friends-and-family etc.

2004-12-21

New server from leftovers (back-dated)

We had an old server from work (a Dell poweredge 1300) that had been serving as firewall. Since it was only a Pentium II 400 we didn't really want to use it for anything crucial, so I took it home to replace my wardrobe server (you all have one of those of your own, don't you?).

When I opened the case i found an empty CPU slot. I found a second PII 400 tradera.com (Sweden's Ebay) for €9 including shipping. I didn't really expect it, but it works like a charm - so now the wardrobe server is a dual PII 400 with a silent 120mm fan, running Debian and serving up wapmarks.bornholm.se.
---------------------------------------------------------------
#wapmarks - WAP links and personal phone startpage

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home