Computer Woes

Woes from advanced computer use - programming, open-source-undocumentatia, it-support-for-friends-and-family etc.

2004-08-10

Windows XP Service Pack 2

I told myself I'd wait a couple of weeks before installing SP2 since it supposedly changes a lot of security settings. However, after this link - http://www.neowin.net/comments.php?id=23145&category=main - appeared on slashdot I couldn't resist.

Everything worked fine - and I installed the patched uxtheme.dll which make themes work without StyleXP. Only thing I've noticed is that some sites don't work because of their uncareful use of non-session cookies. I've heard that some versions of Nero 6 has issues, but that they are possible just warning messages.
---------------------------------------------------------------
#wapmarks - WAP links and personal phone startpage

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home