Computer Woes

Woes from advanced computer use - programming, open-source-undocumentatia, it-support-for-friends-and-family etc.

2005-11-11

AnkhSVN problems with file:// paths

I spent a lot of time trying to solve a problem with AnkhSVN, the Visual Studio plug-in to the excellent version control system Subversion. It occured after I re-installed the OS on my computer. After endless stack traces like this:


I finally found this on the Ankh page on tigris.org:

"Note that the 0.5.5 release does not support working with local(file://) FSFS repositories. Use the latest 0.6 snapshot if you need this. Remote FSFS repositories work with any version of Ankh."

So I upgraded to 0.6 - but this didn't solve my problem either. I went on #ankhsvn to get help from the source. It seems I upgraded my versions of Subversion and Tortoise when I re-installed windows, getting an incompatible version of Berkley DB along with it. After great instructions from Ankh creators Arild and MacGyver I converted my repository to a file-based (FSFS) instead of a database-based (FSB) file system. I advice all to do the same (using the svadmin dump and svnadmin load commands).
---------------------------------------------------------------
#wapmarks - WAP links and personal phone startpage

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home