Computer Woes

Woes from advanced computer use - programming, open-source-undocumentatia, it-support-for-friends-and-family etc.

2006-01-26

Haupauge mixed emotions

I was very happy with the ripping quality of my Hauppauge PVR USB 2 external TV card. I was not very happy with its instability however. Recordings regularly end up half-sized or zero bytes.

I returned it and was very happy to get a new one. I was not very happen when I plugged it in however, and not a single life-sign could be detected. Plugging it in to the computer only resulted in the message that a device has exceeded the allowed power consumption level (or something similar). A number of my friends and colleagues have had nothing but trouble with the Hauppauge cards, so think hard before you buy one.
---------------------------------------------------------------
#wapmarks - WAP links and personal phone startpage

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home